Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Memories

Hey Everyone!

This is a re-blog from my personal blog. I just wanted to share not only the layouts, but the meaning behind them.

This is the time of year that brings our loved ones to us either in mind, body or spirit. I have so many wonderful memories of Christmas and some very sad ones too. But as I look back, the memories that always bring a smile to my face are the ones of my loyal, loving, precious babies!

I had to use this photo because they were my two precious little girls, Coco, and Bella. I say were, because, little did I know at the time, this was the last Christmas that my sweet, gentle Coco would ever spend with me. 

She got very sick just a few short months later, and almost over night I lost my Coco. It was shocking and heartbreaking, to say the least. I still miss her everyday. 

Although it ended in sadness, this photo depicts a very happy and hilarious moment. It was only days before Christmas 2014, the girls were napping on the sofa, so I thought it would be the perfect time to  try quietly to wrap some of their Christmas presents. 

I gathered everything I needed and put them on the dining room table. I began to wrap each gift in anticipation of their excitement on Christmas morning when they received their little treasures. Suddenly I had a feeling of being watched, and when I turned to the right, there they both stood looking at me with curiosity and wonder. I couldn't help but laugh and grab my phone to snap a picture of this treasured moment. I never could pull anything over on these two. They were forever watching everything I did.

Last year, my adorable and crazy little Bella realized that, in her mind, Christmas is all about her! So she has graciously taken over everything and fallen into the "only child" role quite well. I'm sure she misses Coco too because they were best of friends. I'm just so grateful to have my memories and, still be able to have so much joy through my little Bella.

I can't wait to create new memories this Christmas with my family and friends. It's a precious time of year. 


I created these layouts using two Buncha Scraps collections, Christmas Treasure and Christmas with Santa, which is not yet released, but will be shortly. They are the same layout, just switched out the background papers and some of the embellishments!

I hope you have enjoyed my treasured Christmas Memories as well as the layouts.


Please be sure to visit the Buncha Scraps shop for many more collections and inspiration!
Buncha Scraps - so many possibilities, so much fun!
Visit us on FacebookTwitter & Pinterest. Share your creations and tag us when you do!
Take time to enjoy your everyday – doing something that brings you great joy!
#luvmybunchascraps
**Buncha Scraps is for personal use only** 

No comments:

Post a Comment